Saturday, July 26, 2008

Introduction to the Blog

About Me:

I am Viswam. My full name is Viswanadham Vangapally. I was born and brought up in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. I had the opportunity of visiting America twice. It is here I got the idea of starting a BLOG, with the help of my Son-in-Law, Mr. Murali Arugonda.


Why a Blog?

This BLOG will make me reach more and more people and hopefully might motivate some more people to further the intended good work.

My Name and its significance:

Viswam means "the Universe". Viswanadham, literally means "the Lord of the Universe" - refers to Lord Shiva, one of the trinity of Indian Gods. The meaning and significance of this name interested me right from my childhood.


What interests me?

I have a basic interest in everything that is good and will do good. I am quite an active person. Besides my committed performance as a Professor, I was instrumental as Convener, Yuvabharathi (established in 1964) - a Telugu Literary and Cultural Organisation, in bringing good literature to masses.


My Background:

As a retired University Professor, I had the wonderful opportunity of being with the Youth, throughout my life. After an eventful career, spanning almost 4 decades, (including teaching and administrative experience) my basic interest in various matters pertaining to youth, grew much stronger and in an unabated manner. My retirement in 2001 provided me the leisure, and opportunity, to be much more focused, concentrated, and purposeful.


My Mind:

I have an open mind, and a matching willingness to learn (which understandably includes unlearning and relearning); coupled with an inquisitive nature that is interested in observing, understanding, analyzing, and attempting to find solutions to the problems. I am convinced that without a value-orientation, nothing good can be achieved.

Why this Blog?

I feel grateful to the World for the many things I could enjoy. I feel it is my duty to pay back something at least.


Why I consider myself as eligible for this task?

My knowledge orientation as a teacher, my disciplined attitude, my value-orientation, along with my commitment to the profession and well being of my students has led me to a deeper analysis of various issues involving the Youth in particular, and the World in general. The issues that we are facing are many, problems are deep and the attitude, in general, of people who ought to be interested, is one of lack of interest. I wondered what I can do. I decided to be active and busy; not with the objective of earning money; but being interested in the general uplift of the people around.


Who have influenced me?

Swami Vivekananda's literature has considerable influence on my personality. Sri Satya Sai has further deepened this influence. My observation of the world around made me get further strengthened in my commitment "Let me do something".


What do I want to do?

I felt that my education, experience, enthusiasm and a feeling of pursuit of excellence must motivate people, to "Become Better", in all aspects - and for the good of the vast majority; not for pure selfish interests. This must become the "Mantra" for all; whatever be the age, stage and situation, everyone can and must become committed to continuously "Becoming better". This is my dream; I am committed to doing my humble bit.


My work after retirement:

I got associated with the Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence of the Ramakrishna Math, of Hyderabad. I am a guest faculty there. As a teacher, my communication skills are reasonably good. My commitment towards the task is considerably high. During the 7 years since retirement, I have visited many Colleges, Schools, and Offices and have delivered lectures on various personality development oriented themes.


What do I want to do now?

Many of my lectures (both in English and Telugu), have been recorded by me, and they are available in digital format. I have been making Power Point Presentations. I am interested in making all these available free, yes, absolutely free, to all those who are interested.


My Published Booklets:

During these years after retirement, I met hundred of groups of people from various walks of life. I was feeling that it would be of greater help if I can reach larger numbers and motivate them. Publishing booklets, and offering them at very subsidized rates is the strategy I have formulated. Firstly, I brought out a Telugu Booklet and in about three years, more than 200, 000 copies were distributed. I translated this into English; again a few thousand copies could be published. I gave 11 Lectures to Post-Graduate Students on certain aspects of Personality Development. The handouts distributed on the occasion were brought out as a third booklet. Later, I translated this into Telugu. Emboldened by this work, I am now venturing into this electronic age with this BLOG.


That is the background, the reason, the motivation for creating this BLOG – Viswam’s Becoming Better.


My Appeal:

Kindly go through the details; Offer your valuable remarks; and if interested, we can work together to motivate people to become better. Yes, what is needed is a humble beginning. Let us take the first step.


I humbly look forward to receiving your active cooperation and encouragement in my endeavour.


My Power Point Presentations:

Click here to view my 36 power point presentations. I am continuing the process of uploading many more.

2 comments:

LENIN BABU said...

Respected Sir,

I was delighted with your lecture on Human Psychology on 2nd November at RK Math, when you asked the question how about our feeling about missing a session on Diwali, we hadn't answered you back, but now I am with great gratitude saying we may miss a greater experienced and a person adopting to times, an 86 years old person who had seen how a thread became optical fibre and utilizing its power by making himself appearing on a blog and spreading the message to youth that optimism towards time, to adopt modenization into experienced thoughts..

I was sat in first row the person with folded hands, you took me as an example, I felt relaxed with gained inner strength to win this world with smile and positive attitude, I am going to implement all postive strengths and I am going to demolish the weaknesses which are pulling my legs and dragging me to down, in your lecture I felt a grand parent of my family sitting beside me and whispering a success mantra in my ear to acheive my objectives and goals with a positive attitude and positive strengths..

Sir, Its a new beginning to my life, My gratitude towards you is there ever I met with a success and on my smile at my failures.

Regards,
Lenin Babu K.,

malathi vaka said...

Respected Sir,

your thought is really good sir...at present situation youth need your support and motivation...my heart full congratulations to you for your service to the people and very all the best for your future assessments.

Regards,
Malathi.V